Tuesday, July 30, 2013

What I Love About Working as a Nanny During the Summer

Nanny Confessions

I confess I love taking advantage of the fact that play and fun are the name of the game for nannies and kids during the summer and I don’t look forward to the start of the school year again.

It’s so nice to spend hours at the park, in the fresh air, sunshine, and in the pool instead of being stuck in an office when working as a nanny during the summer. I confess, being barefoot, picnics, and endless days playing with the kids in the neighborhood makes working as a nanny a joy.

Although I make some time for the kids read each day, it’s a lot easier to get kids to read than forcing them to do homework and school projects like during the school year. During the long days of summer I love that the kids can choose what science projects they want to do with me and they can learn at their own pace.

I also love taking them to the farmer’s markets that have a huge selection of fresh, organic fruits and vegetables to make snacks and meals from.

Families typically travel more in the summer months while kids are off from school as well. Traveling with employers is a perfect opportunity for many nannies to visit destinations they don’t have the means to visit otherwise. Traveling is a great way to have fun while making money as a nanny during the summer.

What do you love about working as a nanny during the summer?

No comments: